CONDITIONS OF HIRE
Feel free to download and print off our Terms and Conditions
If the hirer is in doubt about the meaning of the following the Parish Church Office should be consulted. The word Council shall mean the Parochial Church Council of the Church of St Andrew and St Cuthman, Steyning. The word Trustees shall mean the Trustees for the time being of the Penfold Hall.
1. During the period of hiring the Hirer will be responsible for the supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, their care and safety from damage however slight, change of any sort, and behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity.
2. The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described on the Confirmation of Hiring form, and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way, nor do anything thing to bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or any insurance policies in respect thereof nor allow the consumption of alcoholic liquor without written permission.
3. The Hirer shall be responsible for obtaining such licences as may be needed for the sale or supply of intoxicating liquor.
4. The Hirer shall comply with the conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, The Local Authority, the Local Magistrates Court or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which includes public dancing or music or other similar entertainment. Maximum numbers are:
Main Hall – 60 seated at tables 120 otherwise
Small Hall – 40 seated at tables 60 otherwise
5. The Hirer shall ensure that all exits from the hired premises are kept unobstructed during the whole time that the hired premises are in use.
6. The Hirer shall indemnify the Council and the Trustees for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the property including the curtilage thereof or the contents of the buildings which may occur as a result of the hiring.
7. The Hirer shall indemnify the Council and the Trustees against any injury which may happen to the Hirer or any persons employed by or working voluntarily for them as a result of the hiring.
8. The Hirer shall not put up any external decorations, flags etc. or provide any article outside the building without the consent of the Council and the Trustees.
9. The Hirer shall not insert any nails, screws etc into any part of the premises nor fix any placards to the building except on the notice boards in the foyer.
10. The Hirer shall not connect any additional lights or extensions from the existing electric light fittings without the previous consent of the Council and the Trustees in writing.
11. The Hirer shall not use any highly inflammable material for decoration or any other purpose.
12. If the Hirer wishes to cancel the booking before the date of the event and the Council and the Trustees are unable to make a replacement booking, the Council and the Trustees will make a charge of 50% of the hire fee if notice of the cancellation is received within 7 days of the booking. 100% of the hire fee will be due if less than 24 hours notice is given.
13. At the end of hiring the Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured unless directed otherwise and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced, otherwise the Council and the Trustees shall be at liberty to make an additional charge.
14. The Council and the Trustees reserve the right to cancel any booking in the event of the hall being required for use by the Church which should only happen rarely and with due notice.
15. The Council and the Trustees reserve the right to cancel this hiring in the event of the hall being required for use as a Polling Station for a Parliamentary or Local election or Bye-election, in which case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit paid.
16. In the event of the Hall or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired, the Council and the Trustees shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
17. Right of entry to the hired premises is reserved to any member of the Council or the Trustees and to the caretaker at any time during the hiring.
18. For any hiring that involves children and young people the Hirer must ensure that all requirements of the Children Act 1989 and subsequent legislation are adhered to.
19. The land to the rear of the hall is the property of WSCC and any application for its use must be made direct to them with the consent of the Council and the Trustees.
20. Hiring charges for the hall are reviewed annually and may be subject to change. You will be notified in advance of any increase in hire charges.